According to the MoU MaGIC will support value innovation and connect key players in the global entrepreneurship ecosystem with the SGC. It will also be developing the global entrepreneurship ecosystem and driving entrepreneurship development at home and overseas.
Aside from its partnership with SGC, MaGIC has collaborated with other global players such as Startup Chile, Stanford University, Techstars and 500 Startups in the past to run a series of initiatives that support and nurture entrepreneurs at every stage of their journey.
The year-long MoU signed between MaGIC, SGC Department of Electronics and Information Technology, and the International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Raya Naipur have agreed on:
- SGC to become the strategic partner in MaGIC’s 2 key initiatives including Corporate Entrepreneurship Responsibility program, Creativity & Innovation Labs.
- SGC to become the strategic partner in the Global Entrepreneurship Community (GECommunity) 2017.
- MaGIC, together with SGC, to develop Chhattisgarh’s entrepreneurship community.
- MaGIC and SGC to collaborate and establish a Chhattisgarh Information Technology Innovation Lab in IIIT Raya Naipur to drive advancements in the information technology and electronics sectors.
- MaGIC to provide support in programs that will build the skills and capabilities of Chhattisgarh entrepreneurs.
“I am really excited to announce this partnership with the State Government of Chhattisgarh. It is great to have the opportunity to collaborate with the future entrepreneurs of India – already one of the fastest growing and third largest entrepreneurship ecosystems in the world,” said Ashran Dato’ Ghazi, Chief Executive Officer of MaGIC.
“Together with SGC, MaGIC is working to develop Chhattisgarh’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and build the capabilities of the state’s future entrepreneurs. I hope our partnership with SGC will be a sign for things to come – forging more cross-border collaboration in innovation and connecting Malaysia with the key emerging players in the global ecosystem.”
SGC states that it partnered with MaGIC to continue promoting sustainable and inclusive economic growth through entrepreneurship. In September last year, SGC launched an action plan to drive entrepreneurship in the state, which includes boot camps that are open and accessible for all 27 districts within Chhattisgarh.
Some of the areas of development the state focuses on includes: industrial; Internet of Things (IoT); Fintech; social, mobile, analytics, and cloud (SMAC); healthcare; and social innovation. The state aims to promote sustainable and inclusive growth by developing at least 100 new startups and encouraging women to participate in entrepreneurship.
Aman Kumar Singh, Principal Secretary for Electronics and Information Technology of State Government of Chhattisgarh, said: “Through the MoU, entrepreneurs in Chhattisgarh will soon be able to provide the best training infrastructure, start-up ecosystem, policy framework, and industrial infrastructure for the electronics and information technology sectors.”