Private cloud offers users the flexibility and speed of on-premise backup so one can recover from a disaster if needed. Also it claims a myriad of features and services that make it one of the most cost-effective and user-friendly backup solutions on the market, that includes:
- Pre-configured, rack mountable server delivered directly to user’s door ready to plug in
- Proven IDrive Cloud on-premises for faster backups and restores
- Manage backups on remote computers and create new accounts using IDrive’s new Dashboard
- Secure data using AES 256-bit encryption, with optional private key
- Adheres to the strictest data protection and compliance requirements
- On-Demand scalability that is cost-effective and easy to manage
How does it work?
Basically, this solution collects data from multiple computers and backs up locally to the IDrive server. The next step is storing the data, thus, IDrive server stores users’ data locally for faster restores within the premises and this in the end gives the liberty to the user to access data from anywhere via internet. The company claims that IDrive Private Cloud software is exactly the same as the public cloud which enables the users and admins to make use of private cloud exactly the same way they use public cloud but with enhanced flexibility of managing data. Therefore, it will be easier for users to get familiar with it as they won’t be spending much time learning about its working.
Raghu Kulkarni, CEO of IDrive said, “IDrive has recognized that businesses have a need to store their data on-site while also being accessible through the cloud, and to do this they need a scalable solution, IDrive Private Cloud is that solution.”