Business owners can now edit and add information about their business directly from within Google search, thanks to a new dashboard that the search giant has released today. Business owners can just find their business on Google Search, and they can complete and enhance their listing, share photos and posts related to their business, and also see how many views they are getting.
Earlier, business owners could claim or add their businesses using the Google My Business service, which is free of cost. They could add and update contact information, opening and closing hours, images of their offices, location data, among others. With this new dashboard, Google is aiming to simplify the process of making edits to a business profile.
How does it work?
According to the search giant, business owners have to first log into their business account, find their business on Google Search and they will be able to see a new, simple menu right above the search results. They can then click the edit button, and the fields that can be edited will be highlighted which will allow them to update their information and upload photos directly.
Business owners can:
- Add or correct business information, post updated hours
- Post on Google and stay engaged with their customers
- Share photos that make their business stand out
- See how many views the listing gets, and access detailed information about the listing’s performance.
- Know when users upload photos of their business