Caringo that designs, develops and deploys cloud-based
object storage software offering data protection, content delivery and analytics solutions, has announced Swarm 9
, an extension to its object storage platform with enhanced features focused on simplifying tenant and data management at scale. With this new extension, Caringo claims to feature a next-generation user interface, data encryption, and comprehensive protection policies making it easier for organizations to provide storage services to their end-users.
Swarm states that it provides a platform for data protection, management, organization and search at massive scale. Using this the user no longer needs to migrate data into disparate solutions for long-term preservation, delivery and analysis. All the user needs to do is consolidate all files on Swarm, find the data that is required on an urgent basis and reduce total cost of ownership by continuously evolving hardware and optimizing use of resources.
Tony Barbagallo, VP, Product Caringo stated, “Data in and of itself is not complex; however, storing it, managing it, safeguarding it and getting value from it can be. Swarm 9 eliminates much of that complexity by bringing everything together under a single, easy-to-use UI that provides both insight and full management capabilities, ensuring that organizations have continued access to the information they need in a cost-effective manner.”
Swarm 9 is based on SwarmNFS
which was launched in the month of August this year, It is the first lightweight file protocol converter to bring the benefits of scale-out object storage including built-in data protection, high-availability, and powerful metadata to NFSv4. With SwarmNFS, Swarm 9 features are available to organizations with no disruption to current workflows and processes, an organization’s files can now be continuously protected, easily distributed, accessed and modified via multiple protocols.
Swarm 9 entails
- New User Interface: Provides both hardware and content management. Administrators and end-users can use the new HTML5-responsive UI to monitor usage, specify data protection policies, and search their content with unified access across desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile devices.
- Quota Management: Manages storage and bandwidth control at the tenant, storage domain and bucket levels via the new UI or REST API, enabling administrative control, end-user self-servicing, and devOps process automation making it even easier to provide public or private cloud storage.
- Historical Metrics and Trends: Presents Swarm metrics within new UI and through REST APIs so that customers can leverage third-party data analysis tools such as Kibana.
- Encryption at Rest: Provides industry-standard AES-256 whole volume encryption, eliminating the need to scrub retired or failed hardware before replacement.
- Metadata Annotation: Allows users to attach structured or unstructured metadata to existing objects without altering the base object.
- Elastic search 2.x: Provides an analytics engine designed for horizontal scalability and open access to Swarm’s operational metrics, metering, and metadata. Used through the new UI or with 3rd-party big data tools.
- Integrated SwarmNFS Management: Offers complete management for SwarmNFS with the ability to define shares for domains and buckets as well as the results of any metadata search.