Cato, a provider of a cloud-based integrated networking and security platform
that allows enterprises to connect their locations, people and data has raised $30 million in Series B financing round led by Greylock Partners
along with contribution from Singtel Innov8
and angel investors US Venture Partners
(USVP), Aspect Ventures
. The company’s founders Shlomo Kramer and Gur Shatz too participated in the funding round.
The company secured $20 million in Series A funding in June 2015.
The company will use the funds to expand its global network of points-of-presence (PoPs) to back new geographies. The Israeli startup claims that the funding will give a push to its newly introduced solution Cato Cloud, a cloud-based and Software Defined Network
(SDN) with built in enterprise security that connects all network elements including branches, mobile users, physical and cloud datacenters. According to the company, the Cato Cloud Network goes beyond high-latency or expensive WAN approaches to provide an affordable, low latency, global enterprise network backbone.
Shlomo Kramer, Co-Founder and CEO of Cato Networks stated:
“Cato offers a totally new way to cut the cost and complexity of legacy, on-premise networking and security solutions by delivering them as a holistic, agile and scalable cloud service. We aim to strengthen security posture with an agile network security platform that can scale to support any business need and rapidly adapt to emerging threats. Cato is paving the way for a new, scalable and simplified networking and security platform for enterprises of all sizes, and offers lucrative opportunities for channel partners in the networking and security domains.”
Cato Cloud features:
- Integrated Network and security in the cloud: Cato connects business into one global network, secured by enterprise grade security services, enforcing a unified policy and managed via a cloud-based management application.
- Low Latency network: Cato claims that using its optimized Cloud Network, customers can get an advantage of tightly-managed, low latency, global backbone at an affordable price.
- Augmented IT team: Cato’s global Network and Security Operations Center, manned by network and security experts, augment IT teams with crucial network management and network security skills to ensure business remains connected and secured all the time.
- Enterprise grade security within reach: Cato is built upon elastic cloud infrastructure, thus, it makes sure that the business is protected by enterprise-grade security that scales to meet all the business needs.
- Cloud-wide threat visibility: With full visibility of the traffic flowing through the Cato Cloud Network, Cato can identify emerging threats at any given customer and proactively deploy countermeasures to protect all customers.
Gur Shatz, CTO of Cato Networks said, “With the general availability of the Cato Cloud service and the rapid global deployment of the Cato Cloud Network, enterprises can cut cost and complexity out of their IT infrastructures while improving security posture and enterprise agility. The Cato Cloud is currently in production with our first global, multi-site corporation and we are running concurrent pilots for different use cases across dozens of organizations.”