EventTracker launches SIEMphonic to curb cyber threats

EventTracker, a SIEM platform today announced the launch of SIEMphonic, a comprehensive managed security service.

The new offering enables small and medium companies to achieve fully-faceted protection from cyber threats that was previously only available to large enterprises. However, converting technology capability into actionable results is rare in mid-market companies as it requires security analyst time and expertise.

The service is based on the EventTracker platform, which includes SIEM, intrusion detection, vulnerability scanning, threat intelligence, and HoneyNet technology, implemented either on-premises or in the cloud. SIEMphonic combines all these capabilities with a fully managed security service and delivers effective cyber security at an attractive price point to the SME.

“At the end of the day, expert analysts are essential to effective cyber security. There is no magic box that plugs into your network and creates a shield to keep all the bad guys out,” said A N Ananth, CEO, EventTracker.

“For years, the security industry was harping on technology and whispering ‘do-it-yourself.’ Now, we are shifting the conversation. Don’t just buy technology. Buy the outcome you want—protection for your network and IT assets from the modern cyber threat landscape. Technology alone is about 15 percent of the solution. Expert analysts and robust, disciplined, and documented processes—the core of the services we are offering—are the remaining 85 percent,” he added.

Key capabilities include:

  • 24×7 managed security services– SIEMphonic complements internal IT resources by deploying, customizing and operating EventTracker’s suite of security technologies. This managed detection and response (MDR) service provides continuous monitoring for cyber threats. Threat intelligence from a rich ecosystem of global and community sources are merged along with customized honeypots for local data, to rapidly identify threats and enable investigation and response.
  • EventTracker 8 SIEM platform– This is the core of SIEMphonic, providing network and system administrators with early threat detection, operational awareness and the ability to demonstrate compliance with industry regulations and internal security policies.
  • Threat intelligence– The integration of global, local and community-based threat intelligence sources transforms the SOC into an intelligent SOC or iSOC. Analysts are empowered to identify the most important and actionable alerts and help customers immediately stomp out potential cyber risks.
  • HoneyNet deception technology– HoneyNet provides the highest value intelligence, identifying suspicious activity specific to the customer’s own environment to proactively hunt down and stop threats.
  • Behavior analysis– monitors traffic and calling out suspicious actions or departures from normal operation help identify new malware and zero-day exploits attempting to wreak havoc on the network.

Abhinav Mohapatra

An author who has a keen interest for the ‘off-beat’ <!--more-->An author who has a keen interest for the ‘off-beat’, he has covered and explored multiple facets of the marketing, advertising

Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.