Los Angeles-based Mediasans, which delivers end-to-end creative solutions
for businesses, has launched a Project Management (PM) iPhone application, “Gone
.” According to the company, this free application is available on iTunes store, and is specifically designed for freelancers, consultants and small teams who work in agile environments. Mediasans claims it to be a free, to-do list, project management and planning app.
Will Taylor, Founder and Creator, Gone, said:
We built Gone to be your personal pocket assistant; helping you to manage, track, collaborate and delegate tasks with your team or colleagues, from wherever you are in the world. Many of us struggle to find time to sit at a desktop computer – so, it makes sense to use our mobile devices to manage our projects and prioritize our time each day. ‘Gone’ can help you do that in ways which you never thought a little app could!
According to Mediasans, the mobile app enables the user to create personalized to-do lists, task sheets and project milestones to enhance their efficiency and simplify the execution of their day-to-day project duties. “Gone” allows for the creation of special categories within each project. This feature is angled towards the user who wants to closely manage the workflow of a project and input customizable settings. Furthermore, there are no limits to the number of projects that can be created.
Mediasans “Gone” features:
- Spotlighting: It assigns priority to any project or task, moving the associated item to the top of the list.
- Audio Memos: the user can record ideas by simply adding a voice over to the task.
- Simple notes: The app allows the user to add the required notes related to task and saves it for further assistance.
- Image Preview: With this feature, the user can directly see what has been added within the app and download and share it with friends or colleagues.
- Dropbox and Google Drive Support: Gone enables the user to directly add content from Dropbox and Google Drive account as it supports the cloud-based storage.
- Invite Collaborations: It is now possible to collaborate with anyone by making a quick invite. Moreover, the user can share ideas and take a look at timelines that are filled with content.
- Assign Tasks: Through this app, tasks can be assigned and handled directly along with categorization of each task by name and color with personal visual hierarchy.
The company claims that most of the other PM tools like Jira, Asana and Trello focus on web or desktop user experience, but “Gone” directly appeals the needs of mobile users and gives them flexibility to create their own working experiences. It requires iOS 8.3 or later and it is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.