Nuxeo, a developer
of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform
, has announced the immediate availability of Nuxeo Platform LTS 2016. This latest release aims is driven at helping enterprises realize the full potential of every digital asset.
According to the company, the platform would help organizations create new revenue streams and business models, and continuously innovate ahead of the market – at massive scale, while maximizing the value of their existing systems and processes.
“Many enterprise organizations struggle to turn data into valuable digital assets,” said Eric Barroca, CEO, Nuxeo.
“Nuxeo Platform LTS 2016 allows our customers to realize the full value of those digital assets, even if they are complex or scattered across the organization. As a result, Nuxeo enables organizations to transform to new business models, protect IP, or drive digital business growth. Thanks to a new Web UI, advanced DAM capabilities, unmatched performance, and many other new features, our customers can achieve incredible digital transformation success,” Barroca added.
Nuxeo Platform LTS 2016 claims to feature a user interface that is focused on user productivity and ease of use with a configurable search-based navigation, task-oriented UI, and user-centric workflows. The company claims that this new user interface allows more efficient workflows and puts search at the center of user actions. It enhances user productivity with direct access to previously visited documents, collections, easy browsing of search results, always-available instant search.
Designed for complex, evolving digital assets
In order to make digital transformations more dynamic and flexible, Nuxeo Platform LTS 2016 offers the following features:
- Automatic image recognition with Nuxeo Vision
- Preview of 3D assets
- Advanced transform operations on videos
- Automated PDF production to validate and embed them directly into workflows
- Collaboration beyond the organization with Instant Share
Embedding digital assets into existing systems and devices
Nuxeo holds that legacy ECM is about simply storing creatives, viewing content on mobile, and file collaboration. But content-centric applications must also enable employees to work from anywhere, in the applications where they are most productive and minimize disruptive rip-and-replace efforts, while maintaining high levels of security and compliance with native integrations.
The new platform is designed to provide deep integration with in-place IT systems and mobile devices:
- The Nuxeo iOS and Android mobile app provides access to all Nuxeo repository content on the go
- Connector to Salesforce.com
- Connector to Adobe CC
- Integration with Enterprise File Sync and Share -EFSS- systems (like Google Drive, Box and Dropbox)
- Improved bidirectional Desktop Sync of content
Provides a complete set of developer tools to continuously innovate
With business models in constant flux, the platform leverages different tools for its customers to test, develop, and deploy content-centric applications more quickly move businesses forward:
- Nuxeo Edge Cache removes the need to download the same file again and again at a given site when several users want to access the same content, making it a great addition to large cloud deployments or for customers with multiple remote sites. Organizations can reduce download time up to 95% and bandwidth consumption up to 90% while keeping digital assets safe at all times even when cached.
- 60 fully functional UI widgets, Web Components-based Nuxeo Elements, to quickly build modern and custom web applications
- Branch Management in Nuxeo Studio to handle multi-site complex projects customization by global teams
- Unified API for all client libraries