Remote workers can now securely send documents from their mobile device to colleagues or the cloud, as well as print to any printer. Xerox has developed five new tools for mobile devices and multifunction printers (MFPs).
“Working on the go often brings unneeded complexity and workflow jams like when you can’t connect to a local printer or your company’s cloud repositories,” said Jim Rise, senior vice president, Office and Solutions Business Group, Xerox. “These five easy-to-use tools help break down the barriers of working remotely because employees shouldn’t see diminished productivity when they’re outside the four walls of their office.”
- Xerox Mobile Print Cloud v3.0 enables secure mobile printing from any Xerox network-connected MFP.
- Xerox Mobile Print Solution lets workers print from their mobile device to any networked printer, no matter the manufacturer. It’s available on premise or in the cloud and integrates with Apple AirPrint.
- Xerox Wireless Print Solutions Adapter adds wireless and mobile printing capabilities to legacy printers and MFPs that don’t have those capabilities built in. This pocket-sized adapter sits next to the device and integrates seamlessly with Google Cloud Print, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC tap-to-pair and Apple AirPrint.
- Its Mobile Link App now supports Android and iOS devices, and adds more cloud capabilities. For example, a sales professional can scan or take a photo of invoices from their mobile device and automatically send it to the accounts receivable department’s SharePoint site, file a copy in their DropBox account and email it to their manager, simultaneously.
- Its new PrintSafe Software provides authentication security for MFPs. PrintSafe Software works with most industry standard card readers.
The Mobile Print Cloud v3.0, Mobile Print Solution and PrintSafe Software are now available worldwide. The Mobile Link App and the Wireless Print Solutions Adapter will be available by the end of December 2015.