- Single-tenant isolation and a resource pool of 100GB SSD-based persistent storage, 48TB network iops, and nine nodes to deploy container-based applications
- Administrative and security controls, enabling customers to customize and more securely access their cloud environments using VPN and Google Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) functions
- Access to Red Hat JBoss Middleware container-optimized services, integration and business process capabilities from applications developed and deployed on OpenShift
- Availability across all six worldwide Google regions
- Integration with Google Cloud services, including Google Cloud PubSub, Google Big Query, and Google Cloud Big Table
provider, Red Hat, today announced the general availability of OpenShift Dedicated on Google Cloud Platform. With the availability of OpenShift Dedicated on Google Cloud Platform, the company states that the users can speed adoption of containers, Kubernetes, and cloud-native application patterns, benefiting from Red Hat’s deep enterprise experience. Users also benefit from Google’s global, container-optimized infrastructure and can more easily augment their applications with Google’s ecosystem of data analytics, machine learning, compute, network, and storage services. Red Hat introduced OpenShift Dedicated in December 2015 to help customers who wanted to accelerate their adoption of containers and cloud-native application patterns, but wanted to shift the bulk of their focus to application development and deployment rather than administrative and operational management tasks. With OpenShift Dedicated, Red Hat acts as the service provider, managing OpenShift Dedicated and offering industry-leading support, helping to shorten time to value and free up valuable time and resources for customers. OpenShift Dedicated is built on the same code base as Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (an enterprise-scale, customer-managed platform) enabling customers to easily move their workloads across public and private clouds. To help users operationalize containers, OpenShift Dedicated – along with the rest of the OpenShift portfolio – brings a more secure, enterprise-ready container platform based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat’s trusted and proven enterprise Linux platform. OpenShift Dedicated on Google Cloud Platform includes:
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.