Symantec yesterday introduced Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud
, a new solution for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) to protect them from targeted attacks and ransomware. The solution is for organizations with fewer than 1,000 employees that are looking for an effective way to protect corporate and personal devices on the corporate network.
“Attackers no longer aim just for the Fortune 500. Small and mid-sized business owners must adopt the same vigilance against advanced attacks and deploy the same modern defense capabilities found in enterprise solutions like machine learning to protect their businesses,” said Javed Hasan, Vice President of Engineering, Symantec.
“With Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud, we’re providing a cloud-based solution with all the features necessary to keep our SMB customers’ information secure without over-taxing already stretched IT departments.”
Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud would offer the following to its customers:
- Layered detection controls to protect endpoints from threats that are powered by advanced machine learning techniques and Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network
- Easy set up and deployment in under five minutes
- One place to manage all devices, including: PCs, laptops, mobile phones, tablets and servers across Windows, Mac, iOS and Android
- A reduction in IT administrative support with a self-service portal that allows employees to add new devices for protection
- Real-time updates on threat activity and compliance with a simple and easy to read dashboard
- Protection for up to five devices per employee under a single license fee
Hence, Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud provides a single cloud-based console for endpoint protection, management, mobility and encryption, that simplifies management and reduces total cost of operation for SMBs.
This launch comes at a time when a recent Gartner report
indicated a 95 percent increase in Choose Your Own Device (CYOD) and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) practices by 2018 which are expected to flood SMBs with new devices, putting an increasing pressure on businesses with limited IT resources.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud is currently available in the U.S. and will be available globally by the end of the year.