for application development, OutSystems, claims to have made its first low-code app-development platform with advanced capabilities for enterprise mobile applications, Outsystems 10
, generally available. The company states that with this new platform regular developers can build the type of secure and scalable apps that have only been achievable by highly skilled software engineers.
The OutSystems 10 claims to address two problems that enterprises face with their mobile app strategy:
- The relentless demand to stay competitive by bringing new mobile solutions to the market.
- The scarcity of mobile development skills needed to build enterprise-grade, cross-platform apps.
According to the company the release extends the platform’s comprehensive application development capabilities for both on-premises and cloud-based environments. It has also introduced seven new capabilities that claim to accelerate the time to build full-featured, enterprise-grade mobile apps:
- Visually drag and drop all the components of mobile apps: user interface, backend integrations, business logic, and more.
- Build once – run anywhere, with a single code base that can be deployed on iOS and Android platforms.
- Create high-performance user experiences with smooth, sub-80 millisecond response times. OutSystems 10 includes an extensive library of optimized, beautiful UX widgets and the ability to add custom code with pixel-perfect control.
- Incorporate native device capabilities and sensors without writing any code: cameras, touch ID, motion, and more. Drag and drop sensor functionality into models to create immersive user experiences.
- Build sophisticated and secure offline experiences with on-device business logic without having to worry about the underlying plumbing. Support any offline scenario from simple offline data caching to the most complex offline data access and synchronization.
- Simplify deployment with time-saving features: test apps instantly on any device, package apps for the app store with a single click, and update apps automatically over the network.
- Reduce the backlog for mobile app development. Developers can go from zero to highly productive in just a few weeks.
Paulo Rosado, Chief Executive Officer, OutSystems said, “OutSystems 10 is a breakthrough release for us and the industry. Our customers have already been using our platform to fuel innovation with amazing web apps, portals, and core systems. By adding advanced mobile capabilities, we’re now the only low-code platform that can support the entire scope of digital transformation initiatives within the enterprise.”