California based business communications solutions company
, ShoreTel, has announced the launch of a real-time collaboration tool that claims to help teams work more efficiently and productively, on the go. The company states that by using ShoreTel Teamwork, employees can collaborate over chat, manage team tasks and share files from one mobile application.
“As businesses continue to embrace new productivity technologies, mobile and efficient collaboration tools become critical,” said Eugenia Corrales, Senior Vice President of Solutions Group, ShoreTel.
“ShoreTel Teamwork streamlines work communications by tightly integrating task management with conversations, reducing email overload and providing colleagues instant access to each other. It is an application for modern users who are not tethered to their desks, enabling them to work across teams with seamless integration inside our communication solutions.”
How will it help?
According to ShoreTel, the mobile-first collaboration solution is designed to provide a virtual workspace that brings teams together easily and conveniently, allowing them to send messages, share content, create and assign tasks to teammates, and manage personal task lists. Additionally, all activities posted within a Teamwork workspace are persistent. This enables new team members who join the workspace to review previous workspace activities and files so that they can come up to speed on projects more rapidly.
ShoreTel Teamwork application claims to have been built on the ShoreTel Summit
architecture, which is a Communications Platform as a Service for building custom voice and SMS apps, to be an enterprise-grade collaboration solution that complements ShoreTel Connect’s unified communications suite. The Teamwork application is scalable, secure and easy for IT to deploy and manage. ShoreTel Summit is a Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) solution for building custom voice and SMS apps.
- Dashboard: Personal dashboards allows the user to stay organized by delivering a single source to view tasks, mentions and new items.
- Workspaces: Helps keep projects organized by creating ‘virtual rooms’ for teams to collaborate in.
- File Sharing: Enables users to upload files directly to a workspace so team members can easily access the document from anywhere.
- Messaging: Allow inter and intra-team chatting within a workspace. Users will be notified of unread messages and any messages they are mentioned in if they are away when the message is sent.
- Mentions: Like social media tagging, this feature helps grab users’ attention by tagging them with @ mentions so they are notified of questions and comments within workspaces.
- Tasks: Helps assign tasks with due dates to team members and lets the team get a holistic view of a workspace’s to-do list to determine workload and appropriate timelines.
The company states that its new app is currently included in the Essentials, Standard and Advanced service offerings for Connect CLOUD
customers in the US and Canada. Connect CLOUD is the firm’s flexible cloud phone services and unified communication solutions.